Friday 12 September 2014

My Stock Market Ride: Brokerage Account

Having shared about my first stock purchase previously, I will now share a little about the brokerage account that I opted for. Initially, I wanted to open an account with Standard Chartered as they do not charge minimum commission on transactions. It was very attractive for a student like me as it could keep my costs low. However, I decided to give them a miss to avoid disappointment as I doubt that my application will be approved due to their requirements.

Eventually, I came across the Young Investor Programme Account by OCBC and decided to sign up for it. Besides the fact that it was convenient as I had placed my investment fund in an OCBC Frank account, what attracted me was the $50 trade commission rebate offered for the first trade made. Being frugal, having this account for my very first stock purchase was a no-brainer.


source: www.iocbc.com

For those who meet the eligibility requirement, you might want to consider signing up for this account. However, do take note that the trade commission rebate is a promotion and not a privilege. For more informaton on the account and promotion, kindly visit www.iocbc.com.


Regards
The Frugal Mat

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You can consider OCBC BCIP Plan also, see if it suits your needs!

    ReplyDelete